10. Your cardio machine is counting the calories you are burning. It’s not - it would have to ask your body fat percentage, but it just asks for weight.
9. Women get bulky when they lift weights. OMFG for the last time - not true! We have too much estrogen, the bulk comes from testosterone. So, unless you intend to take hormones and eat a lot, you will actually tone and burn a lot of calories from weigh lifting.
8. Heart-rate monitors. More BS. Unless you have a health issue, your own perception is good enough.
7. The Scale AKA “I haven’t lost any weight, I am not accomplishing anything”. Unless you’re severely overweight (300+ lbs) and actually needs to set drastic goals, throw away that useless piece of garbage. Or keep it in your closet when you need to check your baggage for travel. Scales are not a barometer for fitness. Muscle weighs more than fat and lean muscle is what we are going for, ya?
6. Low-intensity burns more fat. Eat your body weight in protein every day and don’t worry about low-intensity blah blah blah unless you have joint problems. If that doesn’t make a connection in your brain yet, read a book.
5. You have to have a protein shake after a workout. No. Eat real food. The less processed stuff you put in your mouth, the better. Isolated compounds aren’t the best supplements for the real vitamins, etc. Cook something in your kitchen, I dare you.
4. Spot reduction for tight abs or toned arms. A lot of work, in vain. There is a layer of fat on top of your whole body; you can’t focus on one body part, you have to get the whole body to reduce the fat.
3. The gym 30 mins a day is enough. A majority people sit most of the day and this sedentary lifestyle can greatly shorten your life. So even if you go to the gym you should walk your dog, ride your bike, just get moving, even when you aren’t at one. Also, clean diet is essential - your body is made in the kitchen.
2. No pain, no gain. Discomfort is okay, but shouldn’t be intense or painful. Be smarter, not harder.
1. Stretching prevents injuries. BIG FAT NOPE.
**paraphrased by me, from another source**