if you miss someone who does not miss you, or who is no good for you, or is unattainable, take all the love you once felt for them and spread it around other places. put your love in worthwhile people and things, turn the romance in to passions for hobbies or admiration for others- enrich your own life. focus on yourself and those who actively make you happy.
I don’t know what is more unnerving - arrogance or total disrespect. Both are awful traits, especially since they are completely unconscious to themselves. I am slowly getting these people out of my life, but it is just really hard when they are family or old friends. And in the end, they all are. Ugh.
Slave gravesite in New York City
“SOMETHING YOUR TOUR GUIDE MIGHT NOT TELL YOU:
The heart of NYC’s Financial District is built on a huge 18th century African Burial Ground. Some 419 Africans were discovered in 1991, a large portion women and children.
The burial ground extends from Broadway Southward under City Hall, and almost to the site of the former World Trade Center. It is believed that there are as many as 20,000 slavery-era Africans in graves under the buildings in Lower Manhattan.
Abolish historical amnesia and ponder for a moment the fact that this financial epicenter of the world is built on slavery, oppression, and death.”
I really adore this watch and I have been on a watch hunt lately for something like this. I really don’t want to spend more than $300, ideally less of course. So I find this one, hunt it down through the Tumbz - $72,000 …..
The Highlands Yacht Club adopted our cafe as their hangout.
Sometimes they take me on their boat and let me use the tiller, I always follow the wind out the bay, and sail right up into New York Harbor. This picture reminds me of that. I love the quiet of the sea life, the misty breeze so cold on my face, the hot sun as it sets in the west….
I really cannot stand people telling me what to do with the business.
10. Your cardio machine is counting the calories you are burning. It’s not - it would have to ask your body fat percentage, but it just asks for weight.
9. Women get bulky when they lift weights. OMFG for the last time - not true! We have too much estrogen, the bulk comes from testosterone. So, unless you intend to take hormones and eat a lot, you will actually tone and burn a lot of calories from weigh lifting.
8. Heart-rate monitors. More BS. Unless you have a health issue, your own perception is good enough.
7. The Scale AKA “I haven’t lost any weight, I am not accomplishing anything”. Unless you’re severely overweight (300+ lbs) and actually needs to set drastic goals, throw away that useless piece of garbage. Or keep it in your closet when you need to check your baggage for travel. Scales are not a barometer for fitness. Muscle weighs more than fat and lean muscle is what we are going for, ya?
6. Low-intensity burns more fat. Eat your body weight in protein every day and don’t worry about low-intensity blah blah blah unless you have joint problems. If that doesn’t make a connection in your brain yet, read a book.
5. You have to have a protein shake after a workout. No. Eat real food. The less processed stuff you put in your mouth, the better. Isolated compounds aren’t the best supplements for the real vitamins, etc. Cook something in your kitchen, I dare you.
4. Spot reduction for tight abs or toned arms. A lot of work, in vain. There is a layer of fat on top of your whole body; you can’t focus on one body part, you have to get the whole body to reduce the fat.
3. The gym 30 mins a day is enough. A majority people sit most of the day and this sedentary lifestyle can greatly shorten your life. So even if you go to the gym you should walk your dog, ride your bike, just get moving, even when you aren’t at one. Also, clean diet is essential - your body is made in the kitchen.
2. No pain, no gain. Discomfort is okay, but shouldn’t be intense or painful. Be smarter, not harder.
1. Stretching prevents injuries. BIG FAT NOPE.
**paraphrased by me, from another source**